The Honorary Degree
The University has awarded a number of honorary degrees throughout its rich history. We celebrate and salute all the Honourees.
The Honorary Degree is not for everyone. It’s for people who want to be at the leading edge of Entrepreneurial
THE HONORARY DEGREE
The degree is the highest award conferred by the AIU. An Honorary Degree may be awarded to an individual who has achieved acknowledged eminence in cultural affairs, in public service, or in a field of knowledge and scholarship. In all cases, reasonable endowments are expected from prospective honorees.
The EBS awards the following honorary degrees:
- Doctor of Letters
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Doctor of Laws
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Doctor of Divinity
- Doctor of Public Administration
- Doctor of Public Policy
- Doctor of Political Science
- Doctor of Science
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Arts
- Doctor of Humanities
The President of the AIU or a designated representative confers Honorary Degrees. The University awards several Honorary Degrees annually. Recipients of honorary degrees need not have been educated at or otherwise associated with AIU. It is suggested that a recommendation that a person be considered for an honorary degree should be submitted in a timely manner.
The eventual conferral of an honorary doctorate of the University honoris causa shall be evidenced by a Testamur issued under the Seal of the university.
It shall entitle the person on whom it is conferred to membership of Convocation and the right to wear the Academic Dress approved for that Honorary Award. Moreover, the honoree shall have the right to refer to himself/herself as “doctor” and permit others to do so as well.
What is the Next Step? Please follow the instructions listed below:
IF YOU WISH TO BE CONSINDERED FOR THEAWARD OF NOMINATION OF THE HONORARY DEGREE, PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN THE BELOW LISTED CANDIDATE QUESTIONNAIRE FORM TO THE REGISTRAR WITH ASSESSMENT/ADMINISTRATION FEE . PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT, THE REGISTRATION FEE COVERS ADMINISTRATION & PROCESSING COSTS IS NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Full legal name of candidate
- Postal address of candidate
- Telephone, fax and email of candidate
- Website address (if any)
- Date and place of birth
- What additional educational credentials did the candidate achieve?
- What licenses, certifications and professional credentials have been achieved?
- What is the candidate’ present place of employment, profession or position.
- What are the primary career/professional achievements of the candidate toward the betterment of the society?
- Are there any personal and voluntary contributions made by the candidate toward the betterment of the community?
- List additional awards the candidate has received.
- List three prominent “known” individuals (including their full contact information) who can attest to the ethical character, and the depth of contribution of the candidate toward the betterment of the society
It must be noted that only in exceptional cases shall an Honorary Award be: conferred in absentia, awarded posthumously, awarded to politicians in office or anyone with a direct influence on the operations of the university; awarded to members of the community with a current pecuniary interest in the university.
- Provide a formal presentation of the 12 items in the “Candidate’s Questionnaire”
- Provide clean copies of all supportive documents
- Provide two passport photographs of the candidate.
- The candidate is expected to make a generous donation payable to “European Business School” to pin down the expenses for the preparation of the Award.
- Put the materials in a binder with a signed cover letter, and send to the following Address BY DHL or FedEx to:
ALLIANCE INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
HONORARY AWARDING COMMITTEE
80 KAZIMULI CLOSE, HANDSWORTH PARK, LUSAKA
- O. BOX UNZA 18,
Apply now by
Email and send the Attachment in Microsofot Word to: email@example.com